The City of Huntsville honored the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber with a resolution to celebrate our 2017 ACCE Chamber of the Year win!
Thursday, Aug. 24, 2017
– Whereas, the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber’s vision is to be a catalyst for business growth, community engagement and action to drive economic vitality and advance our position as a global leader in technology and innovation; and
– Whereas, the Chamber engages local and State government players in regional efforts to promote the economic development and wellbeing of the metro area; and
– Whereas, the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber represents a diverse workforce in north Alabama with more than 2,100 members employing a combined 121,000 employees; and
–Whereas member companies represent many different industries, including defense, aerospace, military contracting, skilled manufacturing, professional services, technical expertise, automotive, financial investments, personal banking, household, product repair and many others, ranging in size from single employee organizations to employers with several thousand employees; and
–Whereas, the Chamber supports the growth and development of Redstone Arsenal, north Alabama’s largest employer with 38,000 employees who support many different areas of our military, helping our warfighters daily; and
–Whereas, the Chamber supports NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, a major employer in our community that is working on the Space Launch System – our country’s next vehicle to take America back to the moon and then to Mars; and
– Whereas, the Chamber works with our local, state and national leadership to provide opportunities for the business community to engage with our elected leaders; and
– Whereas, the Chamber supports local workforce initiatives and educational training, supports K-12 initiatives to continually improve our schools and present new opportunities for children, supports local colleges and universities, communicating what new types of training are needed to support the local economy; and
– Whereas, the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber was recently recognized as the winner of the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE) “2017 Chamber of the Year” competition; and
– Whereas, ACCE has more than 7,500 members and 1,300 chambers of commerce from across the world; and
–Whereas, the “Chamber of the Year” is the most prestigious and competitive award presented by ACCE and is the only globally recognized industry award honoring top chambers of Commerce;
Now therefore be it resolved, that the Mayor and the City Council members of the Huntsville City Council hereby congratulate the Board of Directors, Executive Director Chip Cherry and the staff members of the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber of Commerce on their recognition as the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE) “2017 Chamber of the Year”.
Adopted and approved this 24the day of August, 2017.
Tommy Battle, Mayor
Jennie Robinson, President, City Council
Mark Russell, President Pro Tem
Devyn Keith, District 1
Bill Kling, Jr., District 4
Will Culver, District 5