- Huntsville Marriott is pleased to announce Harmony Heard as Director of Sales and Marketing. She will be responsible for overseeing the sales department including meetings and events as well as executing top-level hospitality in our region. She is the current President of the Huntsville/Madison County Hospitality Association and serves the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber as an Emissary.
- Canvas is pleased to announce Jason Songy was recently awarded the Canvas Masterpiece Award – the highest honor a Canvas employee can receive. Never shying away from any mission, Jason has proven countless times to be an asset to his MDA customer and to Canvas. With 25 years of DOD experience, including seven years as a Canvas Director, Jason manages all our MDA Technical, Engineering, Advisory, and Management Support (TEAMS) technical subcontracts.
- Tenesha Thomas has joined Christian Job Corps of Madison County as the new Executive Director. She brings administrative experience as well as several community connections through her volunteer roles. Tenesha brings a passion and vision for this organization that provides the tools to move women and men toward self-sufficiency.
- LSINC Corporation announced that Jason Schouten has joined the company as Vice President of Business Development. He will lead sales and growth initiatives in support of the company’s engineering and product development division, as well as LSINC’s direct-to-object digital printer line, by identifying and securing new strategic markets and clients. He will be based out of the Chicago area.
- Charles Adams, better known by friends and colleagues as Charlie is a Program Manager for Alion Science & Technology and the Mission Manager for the On-Orbit Servicing, Assembly, and Manufacturing (OSAM-2) mission, as well as two other technology development projects. Charlie was the 2020 recipient of the Exceptional Public Achievement Medal given by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) for dedicated service and exemplary performance at Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) in Huntsville, AL.
- Sean Plouse has been named Assistant Vice President, Branch Sales Manager of our CB&S Bank location in Huntsville, Alabama – Perimeter Park. Sean received his Associates Degree in Business Management from Mount Aloysius College in Cresson, Pennsylvania. Plouse chose to go into the financial industry to help people better their financial future and currently has 15 years of banking experience.
- Alliance HR Services, a full-service human resources company providing quality employees to companies in a variety of industries, is pleased to announce Vanessa Walker has joined the Madison location as a Recruiter. In this role, she is responsible for sourcing and placing the best candidates for our clients. She will also partner with our current clients to build and sustain a lasting relationship to fulfill their staffing needs.
- NAI Chase Commercial, a member of the world’s premier managed network of commercial real estate firms, NAI Global, announced today that Mr. Rick Needham has accepted a position in Leasing & Sales with the Birmingham office. In this role he will be responsible for Tenant Representation/Landlord Representation, Sales and Leasing for properties in Birmingham and surrounding markets.
- Elaine Oakes has recently joined the team at WLRH 89.3 FM/HD public radio as the Corporate Underwriting and Support Manager. After building her own business since 1997, she entered the non-profit sector in a volunteer capacity in 2016. She enjoyed learning how to benefit organizations which she cared about through fundraising, grant-writing, volunteer management, public relations, etc.
- Sean Redman recently joined Deloitte’s Government and Public Service practice as a Specialist Leader in Cyber and Risk Advisory supporting Missile Defense and DOD clients mostly based at Redstone Arsenal. Sean brings over 20 years of experience with the intelligence community. In his previous employment, he served as Director of Technical Intelligence at the Missile Defense Agency, where he managed the activities of five divisions related to Intelligence, Counterintelligence, Acquisition Security, Cyber Assistance and Mitigation in the Defense Industrial Base.
- After retiring from the US Army and serving as our Redstone Arsenal Garrison Commander, Kelsey Smith is happy to announce that he is opening an Alabama Home InspeXions franchise in Huntsville. The franchise provides the full range of home inspection services to home buyers, sellers, and investors throughout Madison County and the greater Tennessee Valley.
- MartinFederal is pleased to announce the promotion of Lierin Martin to Senior Proposal Manager. Lierin began her career with the company as the Junior Proposal Manager in July 2019 and was quickly promoted to Proposal Manager. She has led and supported countless proposals resulting in huge wins for the company.
- Simple Helix LLC, a leading provider of managed IT services and data storage solutions, announced the appointment of Mr. Scott McDaniel as Chief Executive Officer on April 21. McDaniel brings over 20 years of experience in engineering and IT and more than 15 years of experience in management. He served most recently as the Vice President of Technology for Simple Helix.
- Dineille Villaroel has been appointed General Manager for Pratt and Whitney Automation, a Raytheon Technologies company. She’s had increasing responsibility within the company in the areas of health and safety, quality and general management within manufacturing operations. Her previous experience in banking and telecommunications gives her a great foundation for customer focus.
- RJ Young, the industry-leading provider of technology solutions that power businesses, announces today the hire of Paul Percival to sales manager of the company’s Huntsville branch. In this role, Paul will be responsible for leading the sales team in RJ Young’s North Alabama market.
- As Signalink’s newly appointed Software Mission Assurance Deputy Program Manager and Programmatic Support Group Lead, Saturynn Grace continues to shine in her work and her career. Providing assurances to the government customer, the contract, and the employees, allows Saturynn to excel at making sure all their requirements are accounted for and all their needs are met. In addition to her Program Management role, she has also taken on increased responsibility by accepting a promotion to group lead.
- All Points, a growing leader in space and defense software, IT, and cyber technology, announces the appointment of Brian Lynn as Program Manager of its $171 million NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) Information Technology Services (MITS) II contract in Huntsville, Alabama. Brian previously served as the Director of IT Security on the MITS II contract and, more recently, as Deputy Program Manager and acting Program Manager.
- Phillip Poitevint started his career at Raymond James in 2006 and became Branch Manager in 2019 when he opened his own office in Providence. His primary focus is on helping clients clearly understand the complexity of investing and feeling comfortable with life changing decisions. Continually improving investment services through analytical research and education allows him to meet diverse client needs and to be completely committed to client-centered service.
- Crestwood Medical Center has announced that Kristina Goodwin has been named Chief Nursing Officer effective June 1, 2021. Goodwin, a certified registered Nurse Practitioner, has 16 years of nursing experience and has been at Crestwood since 2014 in various positions with ever-expanding responsibilities including Director of Critical Care and Cardiovascular Services, Senior Director of Nursing Services, and Assistant Chief Nursing Officer.
- Attorney David Hodge has been recognized in the 2021 Edition of Best Lawyers in America, as designated by the Best Law Firms ranking in U.S. News & World Report. Hodge has now earned this recognition four years in a row, and in the 2021 Edition of Best Lawyers® he ranked Tier 1 in the Huntsville Region for Bet-the-Company Litigation.
- Red Sage Communications, Inc., one of Alabama's top full-service, integrated communications agencies, has hired Wendy Daehn as an Account Executive. Daehn, an Alabama native specializing in brand planning, brand awareness, public relations, and strategic marketing, brings more than 25 years of experience to Red Sage. A graduate of Auburn University at Montgomery, her career includes various higher education and private business roles, most recently serving as Director of Marketing & Media for Student Affairs at Auburn University.
- Red Sage Communications, Inc., one of Alabama's top full-service, integrated communications agencies, has hired Tonya Retherford as an Account Executive. Retherford specializes in B2B and B2G marketing, and brings years of branding, strategic planning, internal communications, culture building, and sustained public relations and media placement experience to the agency. She has successfully served in leadership roles with several organizations, including the YMCA of Middle Tennessee and award-winning agencies in Nashville, Tennessee and Savannah, Georgia.
- Thornton Stanley, Jr. has been named to the Advisory Board of Directors of Synovus Bank in Huntsville. He is the Executive Vice President of Operations for Stanley Construction. Stanley Construction was established in 1961 and is a 2nd generation family owned business. The company provides civil engineering design and demolition, development and site services including mass excavation, utilities, concrete and asphalt installation.
- Laurel Bailey has been named to the Advisory Board of Directors of Synovus Bank in Huntsville. She is the Chief Operating Officer of Industrial Properties of the South, managing 1.3 million square feet of Industrial and Office Space in the Huntsville/Madison County Area.
- Dustin Mayo has joined Synovus Bank as the Retail Market Manager on Hughes Road in Madison. He has spent sixteen years in the financial industry, focusing on client’s achievements through personal financial growth, small business, and financial literacy. A strong believer that you can achieve any goal that you set out to achieve with the proper work ethic, Dustin tries to instill the same mindset into his clients.
- Allison Richter is Flourish's newest Creative Specialist. She has more than 10 years of graphic design experience with retail graphics, magazine layouts, healthcare marketing and T-shirt designs. Allison graduated from the University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) with an undergraduate degree in Art Studio, focusing on graphic design.
- Nicole Boonin is the newest Account Manager on the Flourish team. Throughout her career, she has developed an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for leadership, devotion to teamwork and an always-learning mentality. She discovered her passion for understanding and building solid growth strategies through her experience as a former business owner herself. Prior to her role at Flourish, Nicole was a Social Media Manager, a local restaurant owner and an event planner.
- Avion Solutions, Inc. is proud to announce Kevin Rotenberger as their new Chief Engineer. Rotenberger joined Avion Solutions in 2018 and has served as PM for their Systems Readiness Directorate (SRD) Platforms task as well as being instrumental in the creation and growth of Avion’s Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) capability and its growth throughout Redstone Arsenal.
- Avion Solutions, Inc. has hired Todd Berghoff as their new Director of Business Development. “Todd Berghoff has held a variety of leadership and business development roles in our industry,” said Chad Donald, President of Avion Solutions. “We’re excited to bolster our business development expertise and further strengthen our relationship building capacity.”
- Warren Averett is excited to welcome Alana Brumbelow as an Audit Associate. Alana is looking forward to using her talents and knowledge to serve clients.
- Warren Averett welcomes Amber Stout as an Accounting Services Manager. Amber is dedicated to maintaining quality client relationships, and she is ready to start assisting clients with all their accounting needs.
- Maynard Cooper & Gale (Maynard) is pleased to welcome Denetra Hartzog-Mitchell to the Firm’s expanding Real Estate and Financial Services practice group. Ms. Hartzog-Mitchell joins Maynard as Of Counsel, bringing nearly a decade of experience having worked as a real estate lawyer for numerous years with a regional law firm before serving as Corporate Counsel for a leading global provider of networking and communications equipment.
- Maynard Cooper & Gale (Maynard) is pleased to welcome Christopher “Chris” Gonzalez-Tablada to the Firm’s Government Solutions Group in Huntsville office. He will help government contractors and other businesses navigate any number of complex issues, from litigation to corporate transactions.
- Maynard Cooper & Gale (Maynard) is pleased to welcome Nicholas “Nik” Greer to the Firm’s Government Solutions Group in Huntsville office. He will help government contractors and other businesses resolve disputes involving employees, other contractors/businesses, or even the government.
- Maynard Cooper & Gale (Maynard) welcomes experienced Associates L. Maverick Flowers to the Firm’s corporate areas of service. Flowers joins Maynard’s Corporate Securities & Tax Practice Group in the Firm’s Huntsville office. He assists business clients of all sizes and types on a variety of matters, ranging from business formation and succession planning to the execution of strategic transactions.
- Maynard Cooper & Gale (Maynard) welcomes experienced Associates Jackson M. Knouse to the Firm’s corporate areas of service. Knouse joins Maynard’s Birmingham office and works with the Firm’s Corporate, Securities & Tax Practice Group. Knouse focuses his practice on assisting emerging and established companies with their investment and strategic business initiatives, including debt and equity financings, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships, and dispositions.
HAVE A SUBMISSION?
Have someone you'd like to suggest for our next feature? Please read these instructions.
Here's a quick guideline for your submission, and you’re welcome to send more than one person.
1. A brief write-up about the person. Please write it in third-person style.
2. The person's headshot in high resolution.
3. Submit text and photos to email@example.com
Deadlines for contributions for 2021:
July feature: Wednesday, June 16
September feature: Wednesday, August 18
November feature: Wednesday, October 20
March 2021 Movers & Shakers
January 2021 Movers & Shakers