- Kristy Wright Drake has been promoted to Vice President of Investor Relations at the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber. She has been employed at the Chamber since 2015, most recently working as the Director of HREGI & ChamberON. Kristy interacts closely with prospects and investors in the Huntsville Regional Economic Growth Initiative, and she is directly responsible for the annual sponsorship campaign known as ChamberON.
- ServisFirst Bank, a subsidiary of ServisFirst Bancshares (NASDAQ:SFBS),recently announced the addition of Ben Splawn to ServisFirst Bank Huntsville as a Credit Analyst. Splawn joins ServisFirst Bank as a Credit Analyst. In this role he will be responsible for determining the creditworthiness of potential clients based on financial statements, borrowing history and market conditions. Splawn will conduct loan reviews and approvals as well as determine the terms of the loans for clients of the Bank.
- Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is pleased to announce Kevin Vandeberg, AAE, former director of operations for the Huntsville-Madison County Airport Authority, has joined the firm as aviation manager in Huntsville, Ala. In this role, he will be responsible for project oversight, Huntsville area management and strategic plan development for aviation clients in the Southeast.
- Strayer University, one of the most well-known adult-focused universities in America, has promoted Dr. Andrain Yeldell Jones to Employer Alliance Manager for its Southern Region. She started this position in October 2020. In her new role, Dr. Yeldell Jones will work with local business communities in partner engagement through their tuition assistance programs to enhance workforce development by providing employees tools to achieve their fullest potential.
- Jeremy Harrison, PE, has been promoted to Client Service Leader at Barge Design Solutions, Inc. (Barge). Harrison has 18 years of experience as an electrical engineer, consultant, and manager in the automotive, rubber, and industrial industry. His electrical experience includes power distribution, instrumentation and controls, electrical studies, and hazardous classification.
- Jonathan Andrews joined CFD Research as the Director of the Data Science Group in late 2020, specifically to lead CFD Research’s continued growth in transitioning our technologies to customers for use in analysis of aerospace systems performance. Jonathan will manage CFD Research’s Data Science Department, including the CodeWorks team (Software Engineering) as well as the Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence research area.
- Tiffany Golden Morris has joined Kids to Love as the Grants & Development Coordinator. She brings a unique background of broadcast journalism and corporate communications to this new role. Tiffany will support fundraising endeavors and build relationships to continue Kids to Love’s many programs that meet the immediate needs of children living in foster care.
- Kent Ballard has joined Drake State Community & Technical College as the school’s first Assistant Dean for Student Success. Ballard has worked in the field of education for 17 years, and says he is pleased to be in this new role. Ballard previously served as Workforce Education Specialist at the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber.
- All Points Logistics has named Army Colonel (Ret) Mark Arn to the business development team in Huntsville, Alabama. Colonel Arn brings over 27 years of U.S. Army experience in operational and acquisition assignments, culminating as an Army board select Project Manager. He managed a program budget of over $1 billion and an organization of over 500 personnel in the development and operations of Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) X-Band radars.
- As the UH-60V Subject Matter Expert at the Prototype Integration Facility (PIF) on Redstone Arsenal, Lindsey Barron continues to serve the Utility Helicopter Program Office after eight years of service to the program. Her skills have been vital in the development of the UH-60V Program, modernizing the UH-60L fleet to a digital cockpit. Today she works with her Army customer, colleagues at the PIF, colleagues at Corpus Christi Army Depot (CCAD), and industry to execute production of these aircraft for fielding to the warfighter.
- Prudent American Technologies has welcomed Michael Poovey as Technical Sales Manager. He is located in the company’s Decatur, Alabama facility. He will be overseeing customer service and sales. Poovey is a native of Decatur and a graduate of the University of Alabama, with over 25 years of experience in technical sales including positions in quality assurance management, estimating, inside/outside sales and marketing.
- Darren Wheeler, 5SRC as the Director for Business Development and brings 35 years of military, academic and management experience to his role. After retirement from the Marine Corps, Wheeler remained in Northern Virginia and progressed from providing direct customer support to corporate management roles with ever-increasing responsibility.
- LaShonna Pryor is a Workplace Solutions Officer with BBVA USA. She has built a successful Workplace program in the North Alabama District and has been consistently ranked the #1 Workplace Officer in the entire company for the past three years. LaShonna and her team are committed to providing creative solutions and excellent customer service to their highly valued business clients and customers.
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP is pleased to announce that Ryan J. Letson, an attorney in the firm’s Huntsville, Ala. office, has been elevated to partner. Across all the firm’s offices, 13 Bradley attorneys were elevated to partner, and three were elevated to counsel.
- Sirote is pleased to announce that Sarah Green has joined our firm’s Tax Practice Group in our Huntsville office. “We are thrilled to add Sarah to our team as we gear up for what is going to be a busy year and continued growth for our Huntsville office through Sirote’s upcoming combination with Dentons,” said Michelle Abroms Levin, Managing Partner of Sirote’s Huntsville office.
- Cintel, Inc. has announced Will Irby as its new President, working alongside CEO Dale Jobes and Sr. Vice President of Business Services Patti Rehage. The Huntsville-based company leverages their innovative solutions in support of both local and national Defense initiatives. “Will becoming President is an excellent move for Cintel,” said CEO Dale Jobes. “Will is perfect for this role due to his strong experience in leadership, operations, government contracting, and business development.”
- CFD Research announced that George Dalton has joined the company as vice president for Dayton operations. In this role, Mr. Dalton will be responsible for providing direct support for our Dayton customers and strategic growth of promising CFD Research technologies through cooperative engagement with our industry and government partners. Mr. Dalton will ensure strong alignment between internal focus areas and customer needs, and be instrumental in developing and incubating key business relationships.
- IBERIABANK is pleased to announce Brittney Shonk has joined the company. Brittney will serve as Vice President and Private Banking Relationship Manager. Brittney brings over seven years of banking experience and has spent several years in the retail segment at BBVA Compass. Her prior experience includes the commercial segment as a loan Relationship Support Specialist as well as Branch Retail Executive where she received several awards for exemplary performance in investment acquisition, branch leadership, and attainment of performance goals.
- Raytheon Technologies is pleased to announce Charles Moore as Huntsville site lead. In this role, Moore will be responsible for the execution of Raytheon’s vision and strategy in Huntsville. He will work across Raytheon Technologies business units to ensure strategic alignment within programs, internal functions, and company initiatives.
- Ben Duncan, PE has joined Morell Engineering as their newest Senior Civil Designer. Ben is a civil engineer with over sixteen years of experience overseeing diverse transportation projects, ranging from bridges and roadways to public utilities. Ben also has experience in commercial and residential site design and has prepared construction plans for both state and local government agencies. In his new role at Morell Engineering, Ben will be responsible for overseeing a variety of transportation and civil design projects.
- Lori Dendy has been promoted to the position of Executive Assistant for the Huntsville/Madison County Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB). Dendy, who formerly served as Administrative Assistant, oversees numerous accounting, recordkeeping, human resources and reporting responsibilities for the organization, in addition to her role assisting CVB President & CEO, Judy Ryals.
- Ray Spangler has joined Barge Design Solutions, Inc. (Barge) as Chief Technology Officer (CTO). Spangler joins Barge after 25 years with Verizon Wireless where he has led cross-functional teams in enterprise architecture, resource integration, process automation, and network design, including the most recent deployment of 5G. As CTO at Barge, Spangler will help create a shared technology vision alongside the company’s market and practice leaders, develop and implement strategic technology plans in support of the vision, and expand use of applied technologies both internally and externally.
HAVE A SUBMISSION?
Have someone you'd like to suggest for our next feature? Please read these instructions.
Here's a quick guideline for your submission, and you’re welcome to send more than one person.
1. A brief write-up about the person. Please write it in third-person style.
2. The person's headshot in high resolution.
3. Submit text and photos to email@example.com
Deadlines for contributions for 2021:
May feature: Wednesday, April 21
July feature: Wednesday, June 16
September feature: Wednesday, August 18
November feature: Wednesday, October 20
January 2021 Movers & Shakers