WOMEN'S BUSINESS COUNCIL (WBC)
Members of the Women’s Business Council (WBC) are responsible for assisting in attaining the Mission and Vision of the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber (Chamber) by providing a platform for networking, mentoring, and leadership development for women in business.
The WBC of the Chamber is made of no more than 18, and no less than 10 appointed women business owners.
WBC eligibility requirements:
- Any woman business owner who is a shareholder with 51% or greater company ownership and who provides significant daily leadership for the financial and operational strength of her company, or
- A singular representative from a business with collective female company ownership of 51% or greater who provides significant daily management responsibilities of the business.
- Additionally: business must be in operation for two years by the month (January) of the member’s beginning service term. The business must be the candidate’s primary job and not a secondary job or hobby.
- Must be a Huntsville/Madison County Chamber member in good standing.
- Must be willing to attend at least 75% of council meetings and 50% of council events.
These events are scheduled according to the Chamber and community calendars.
Join the 2023 Women’s Business Council (WBC) as they host Ashley Ramirez from Mason Dixon Bakery & Bistro, the 2022 Woman-Owned Business of the Year, which was presented during the Small Business Awards. REGISTER
Speed mentoring is a fun way to introduce the value of mentoring. It can help build skills, knowledge, and foster a collaborative environment. While it is not meant to replace other mentoring opportunities, it can be an ideal way to provide the connections other women in business are craving.
Women in Missile Defense Forum
The Women’s Business Council (WBC) of the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber is pleased to present Empowering Women in Missile Defense, an opportunity to recognize and celebrate female voices from across the aerospace & defense industry and the roles they play in the missile defense mission. This event will be hosted the Monday before the Space & Missile Defense Symposium.
Wine Down with Women Who Lead
Meet and connect with women in business to build a network of women seeking to support women. Chat over a glass of wine about your experiences and hear from several members of the WBC as they share challenges they have faced as women business owners and how they overcame them.
Ashley Engles-Ross Vice President, Small Business Chamber Liaison for the WBC 256-535-2043
Feedback on WBC
JOIN THE CHAMBER
Want to make a valuable investment in your business and community? The Huntsville/Madison County Chamber is the place to start. With a powerful collection of member benefits, we offer plentiful resources and endless support to help your business grow and prosper.
JOIN THE CHAMBER - FORMS ONLINE MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
PAST EVENT PHOTOS
Wine Down with Women Who Lead, October 11, 2022
WBC Meet & Greet, August 23, 2022
Empowering Women in Missile Defense, August 8, 2022
Woman Owned Business Day Proclamation with Gov. Ivey, April 4, 2022
Photos by Alice Lessmann
Woman Owned Business Day Proclamation with Huntsville Mayor Battle, March 30, 2022