The Chamber Foundation, a 501(c)(3), is dedicated to the continued cultivation of Huntsville’s greatest asset - its people. The Foundation ensures the growth of Huntsville by supporting the education and workforce talents here. We support our educators and workforce with our Industry Insight Program.
The Chamber is fortunate to represent more than 2,000 businesses in our community. We are uniquely positioned to lead this work and support educators as they prepare students in Huntsville/Madison County for smart futures.
The Chamber Foundation is funded through voluntary contributions by our members that are included with annual invoices and paid along with their annual membership renewal:
- $25 flat voluntary contribution for members whose dues are $500 or less per year.
- 5% voluntary contribution for members whose dues are greater than $500 per year.
- Workforce development impacts our entire community. We need diversity of investments to enable us to seek future grant funding from larger foundations/organizations in support of this work.
- We hope you will choose to invest in a smart place by supporting The Chamber Foundation and this important work.
We have demonstrated that resources deployed effectively lead to deliberate growth in aerospace, advanced manufacturing, defense, biotech, geospatial, engineering, and communications. Resources provided by the Chamber Foundation will provide us the capacity to change the economic landscape of our region.
The Chamber Foundation will lead an Industry Insight Program—a professional development program focused on providing resources and knowledge to 9th grade Career Prep teachers in Huntsville, Madison City and Madison County Schools.
- All 9th graders in Alabama are required to take a Career Prep Class.
- The Industry Insight Program will include four annual professional development trainings for all Career Prep teachers.
- This program will directly address one of the key focus areas identified by our community: prepare students with knowledge of career opportunities in our region and realistic paths to attain these opportunities.
- In addition to the focus on Career Prep teachers, district career coaches, career tech directors and counselors also will be invited to participate in the program.
- The program will bring educators into local businesses to enrich their knowledge of career opportunities, equipping educators with resources and knowledge to support their work with more than 4,000 students annually.
- The Industry Insight Program is all about workforce and career awareness, and professional development! The training will give a deeper, richer experience for all students.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
“I strongly encourage anyone who has the opportunity to attend this to go. Very informative especially to hear first-hand from the leaders in industry on their current opportunities and what they are looking for in the future workforce.” – Career Coach
“I really enjoyed the panel discussion with the construction executives. It was great to hear what they are looking for in employees. I liked being able to hear what they had to say and being able to bring that information back to my students.” – Career Prep Teacher
“Huntsville’s a community that has such fantastic engagement by all stakeholders in its education system. They know creating the workforce of tomorrow requires investing in human capital where it matters most—the classroom.” – Cheryl Oldham, Senior Vice President, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
“Students learn best when they understand how their learning applies to the world around them. Our community gets that. We all have a role to play in helping students gain the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in an increasingly competitive workplace. Our business leaders understand that investing in education is smart business. It is critical for the success of our students and it is equally critical for the future success of Huntsville/Madison County.” – Lyndsay Ferguson, Workforce Director for the Chamber of Commerce of Huntsville/Madison County
INDUSTRY INSIGHT PROGRAM
The Chamber Foundation’s Industry Insight Program focuses on the professional development of Career Preparedness teachers, Career Coaches, Career Tech educators, and counselors in the Huntsville, Madison City and Madison County school districts.
The Industry Insight Program provides four annual professional development training conferences connecting educators with the industries of aerospace, advanced manufacturing, defense, biotech, geospatial, engineering, and communications. Our training conferences provided educators with information they need to prepare their students for career path opportunities in our region.
An Industry Insight Program Conference, often hosted on a job site, connects an educator directly with a local business or industry, giving them a firsthand view inside that vocation. This creates a bond between our teachers and businesses, and ultimately develops resource opportunities to educate more than 4,000 students each year.
Georgina Chapman Workforce Development Director 256-535-2008
Kent Ballard Workforce Education Specialist 256-535-2025